Hello again! So, today I will be explaining about the positions of the 7 players, their roles in the game and their respective area. Below is a picture of a netball court with positions of each players located in their respective place and also it's respective measurements.
|Netball court measurements|
|Positioning of players|
As you can see from the picture above, there consists of two teams with seven players. Now, I will explain about the positions of each players. Please refer to the positions of the blue team as reference.
- Goal Shooter (GS): Score goal and work in and around the circles with the Goal Attack (GA). [area 4, 5]
- Goal Attack (GA): Feed and work with Goal Shooter (GS) and to score goals. [area 3, 4, 5]
- Wing Attack (WA): Feed the circle players giving them shooting opportunities. [area 3, 4]
- Center (C): Take centre pass and to link the defence and the attack. Center conquered the whole court except for goal circles [area 2, 3, 4]
- Wing Defence (WD): Look for interceptions and prevent the Wing Attack (WA) from feeding the circle. [area 2, 3]
- Goal Defense (GD): Win the ball and reduce the effectiveness of Goal Attack (GA). [area 1, 2, 3]
- Goal Keeper (GK): Work with Goal Defense (GD) and to prevent Goal Attack (GA) or Goal Shooter (GS) from scoring goals. [area 1, 2]